Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling based martial art. BJJ focuses primarily on how to use leverage, momentum and the aggression of an attacker.
We feel the best way to find out if Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is for you is to come in and try a free trial week.
Trial session run Monday, Wednesday, Friday during regular evening class times (see class schedule). The week’s lessons are a progression so trial weeks always start on Monday. Feel free to drop in or contact the academy for further information.
What you need to know for your trial week:
- Come in 20 minutes before yours or your Childs class starts so you have time to fill out paperwork and get fitted for a loaner uniform
- Any person under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian
- Trial weeks always start on Monday (no appointment needed)
- Bring water (water is also available from the academy fridge for $0.25)
- Wear clothing that will fit comfortably under a jiu jitsu uniform (eg. t-shirt, gym shorts or yoga pants) and footwear that is easily taken on and off (flip-flops, running shoes)
- Your first class can feel overwhelming but we are very friendly and welcoming and we will do everything we can to make sure that you have fun and learn a lot
We look forward to seeing you on the mats. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.